6 In CELTA/ ESL/ Featured/ Teaching

CELTA Parts 1 – 5

I have created a 5 part series on the elusive, Cambridge CELTA Certification Course. Thousands of people take this class and all agree on it being very, very “intense.”  You then try to google how to prepare for this course and there is surprisingly little information available on what to expect and, even more importantly, how to prepare your mind and body for the trials that await you. I’m making it sound much more insane than it actually is, but there is no doubt that the CELTA is no walk in the park.

I created this series to walk you through each step of the process and harvest some tips and tricks to help you pass with flying colors. Each section has a video and a short breakdown that you can refer back to easily. I hope they will give you helpful information to get you through the wild ride and, as always, please don’t hesitate to ask any questions! Comment down below on your experience with CELTA!

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

Sabrina Kabir Snigdha
    July 23, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Hi, Grace. I am Sabrina, I am Bangladeshi. Now I am living in Dubai with my husband.Actually I am feeling interest on teaching profession. I am willing to take this profession as my career. But I have no teaching experience. I have already watched your 5 part series CELTA video clips. In this case, I think that my wish can be fulfilled by CELTA.I want to do this course in Dubai. Recently I have completed my graduation and MBA from Bangladesh. But I have no IELTS score. So, would you please like to tell me about IELTS score mandatory for doing CELTA?

Grace Dawson
      July 24, 2015 at 1:13 pm

Hi Sabrina! Thanks for getting in touch and for watching the videos. There isn’t really anything mandatory to take the CELTA so having no IELTS scores should be fine. The only thing they suggest is to have at least a bachelor’s degree because it’s near impossible to get hired without one. If you can’t tell from my videos I do highly recommend the CELTA because it is so widely regarded and is an extremely helpful crash course for someone who has no prior teaching experience. Good luck and let me know if I can answer anymore questions for you!

Ross Wong
    August 13, 2016 at 10:10 am

Hi Grace
    I was turned away from a CELTA course at a university because I failed a grammar test. I was recommended to do a grammar course first. Then I found a learning Institute that offers CELTA, but doesn’t worry too much about grammar. Saying that that’s something I can learn as I go. That’s what I thought too.

I’m a qualified Teacher Aid with 3 years experience assisting in teaching Intermediate kids ESOL at a local Intermediate School. This is where I got my love for teaching these learners. And I thought I can transfer my Teacher Aid skills over to teaching ESOL. I am currently teaching adults at an English Language School.

What is your best advice regarding grammar?

Regards

Ross Wong

Grace Dawson
      August 14, 2016 at 1:38 pm

Hi Ross, thanks for getting in touch. Well, coming from someone who isn’t great at grammar myself, I would say you can learn it as you go. Of course, it’s more challenging that way, but it’s completely possible, you just have to be very dedicated. Even as an ESL teacher for the past two years I still relearn grammar concepts before I teach them all the time. I would say if you’re really serious about it and willing to put in the work then you should go for it! After all, CELTA is only a month and then you can go at a slower pace with the grammar 🙂

Shehreen Mehjabeen
    December 16, 2016 at 1:45 am

Hi Grace, I am Shehreen Mehjabeen, I have been watching and following your CELTA videos . It really helped me doing my pre-course task and skype interview . I finally got selected for CELTA at IH in Thailand, Chiang Mai, starting from 9th January 2017. Thank you for your help.

Grace
      December 16, 2016 at 10:48 am

Congratulations! I’m so glad they were helpful for you! Thank you so much for the message 🙂