Welcome to Part 2 of my series on the Cambridge CELTA Certification course! If you missed part 1, check it out here.
In this post I’m telling you guys what to expect during the application process and how to prepare for the dreaded phone interview!
- Fill out web interview – Contact informations, general questions (experience, why CELTA, etc.)
- Designed for brand new teachers
- Set up phone interview & pre-interview task email
- Pre-interview task (grammar questions)
- Couple days to fill out (can use google or grammar books) then email back
- Make corrections on PIT and set up time for phone interview
- Call into center
- Interview: Get to know you, go over task & situational questions, course overview, your personal questions
- Sample questions: Why do you want to take the CELTA? What’s your teaching experience? Where would you like to work?
- You may get offered a slot right then! Think through whether you really want this because it’d be advisable if you can put down your deposit ASAP! You might get an email a few days later offering a spot if not over the phone.
- The $200 deposit saves you a spot in your chosen course dates.
- A pre-course task is sent to you over email. Not required but recommended to prepare you for the course.
- Later email gives you information specific to your course and payment deadlines.
Find a CELTA center TIPS
- Have Pre-interview task printed out and by your side during interview!!! It WILL be gone over during the interview!
- Research CELTA so you can impress them with your knowledge! Show them you’ve put a lot of time and thought into the course. It shows them that you know what you’re getting yourself into!
- Have a couple questions ready! It shows that you’re dedicated.